Wednesday, March 02, 2011 2:45 AM


I am not a sentimental person in nature. But perhaps the long hours of me doing nothing brought me to do some thinking. I feel really sad when I recalled how I used to be closed to ‘this person’, but all of a sudden things become so awkward now, walking pass each other with a superficial greeting like ‘Hi’ or ‘How are you doing lately?’. Seriously, I don’t need superficial friends.
Things got worse when it occurs on people I know from the Church. ‘Once bitten, twice shy’, how can I not be wary when I try to make friends in Church?! I know that not all the people I know are like that, but I can’t help myself but to be fearful of them. It creep me out to think that for a moment we could be like a ‘family’, but in another moment we could be familiar strangers. How scary is that?!
Many people think I am someone who is very ‘on’ and steady. But the truth is that I fear that if I don’t join in, I may never get the opportunity to do things with that person again. I’m afraid of losing a friend to time. I think I have many failed friendship to time. Time flushes every commonality and bland every relationship. What are left are basically memories … …

-siqi

0 lovely notes